Friday, March 7, 2014, 08:21
On Thursday, the EU has published the list of Ukrainian officials against whom sanctions were applied and accounts of which are now frozen in banks of Europe. Europe is freezing the accounts of ex-president Viktor Yanukovych, his sons Olexandr and Victor, as well as heads of security agencies, the Cabinet of Ministers and the Presidential Administration.
The reason for the inclusion of all of these former officials to the list is that they are already defendants in the case of embezzling funds from the Ukrainian budget and withdrawing it from the country. Full list of people of Yanukovych’s regime that came under EU sanctions include:
- Ex-president Viktor Yanukovych;
- The older son of ex-president Yanukovych, Olexandr Yanukovych;
- The younger son of the ex-president, MP Viktor Yanukovych;
- The former head of the presidential administration, Andriy Kluyev;
- Ex-Interior Minister Vitaly Zakharchenko;
- Former head of the Security Service Olexandr Yakymenko;
- Former head of the Security Service of Ukraine Ihor Kalinin;
- Ex-Prosecutor General Viktor Pshonka;
- Ex-Deputy Interior Affairs Minister Viktor Ratushnyak;
- Former Prime Minister Mykola Azarov;
- Former presidential adviser Andriy Portnov;
- Ex-Justice Minister Olena Lukash;
- Ex-Education Minister Dmytro Tabachnyk;
- Ex-Health Minister Raisa Bohatyriova;
- The son of former Prime Minister Azarov, MP Oleksiy Azarov;
- The son of the former Prosecutor General, MP Artem Pshonka;
- The brother of the ex-head of the Presidential Administration, MP Serhiy Kluyev;
- Oligarch Serhiy Kurchenko.
The money in these accounts is declared as illegally derived from the state budget of Ukraine, and Ukraine can count on its being returned. In Ukraine, Sergiy Kurchenko is known as a cover for money of the “family” and people close to it in the government. For some reason, Ex-Prime Minister Sergiy Arbuzov and Oleksandr Klimenko are not on the EU list
The original text, in full, is on Ukrainska Pravda at:http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2014/03/6/7017794/
Reblogged this on Voices of Ukraine.