By Thomas Theiner
Der Spiegel, already a lie spreading, propaganda spewing, sorry excuse for a “journalistic” product, which once had some ethics, morals and professionalism is sinking so low so fast, that one can barely follow its decent down the drain into the sewers.
Yes, I am furious and there is a reason for that: Today Der Spiegel published an extremely tendentious piece linking the Ukraine government to Syrian jihadists, which I thought would be hard to top with its malicious content… but Der Spiegel managed to do just that and in less than three hours!
The new piece is by Jakob Augstein, who usually publishes uninformed barely logical ramblings with anti-Semitic undertones. This time he write about Ukraine… or as he says it “worthless Ukraine.” His argument is that Ukraine isn’t worth risking a confrontation with Russia, so the West should just retreat and leave Ukraine to Putin. The Ukrainian people don’t even figure in his views, all he cares for is to make sure his holy overlord in the Kremlin wins Ukraine, remains untouched from sanctions and lives to invade other countries another day.
Some excerpts from this imbecile nitwits turds sick mind:
- He denies Obama is confronting Putin because of Putin’s violation of international law. In his view Obama only acts because he is being driven by “right wing politicians like John McCain”.
- He speculates that events in Eastern Ukraine could develop into a major war because NATO might send troops there to liberate Western hostages. Followed by a pro-Russia uprising by Estonian Russians, to which the poor Russia would have to respond with an full scale invasion of Estonia.
- He claims that proof of Russian involvement in Eastern Ukraine stems from the “Photoshop of the CIA”.
- He claims the natural development for Ukraine is the disintegration as a nation and even though “Putin escalates the crisis on purpose” he argues that the West should just walk away and let Putin grab whatever he wants of Ukraine, because “we (= the Germans) wouldn’t have any disadvantages if Ukraine split into a Russian East and pro-EU West.”; blissfully ignoring what maybe the people of Ukraine want and that there might have been no disintegration tendencies until Putin send his special forces and goons over the border to stage unrest.
- He also has the audacity to call politicians who refuse to back down against Putin’s aggression “mad!” as they shouldn’t get in a fuss over “worthless Ukraine”.
- He concludes by arguing the Western response so far was wrong and we should just “back off” and let Putin do as he pleases, because Putin isn’t Hitler and will surely be satisfied if we let him have Ukraine scot-free.
Clearly Augstein has no clue about Ukraine, he doesn’t consider the people of Ukraine anything but rabble to be handed off to Putin’s regime, he doesn’t mention once that Putin broke international law, that people are being murdered and tortured by Russian special forces in Ukraine or that Ukrainians do not want to be sold off to Russia.
Having not once considered the Ukrainian people, having espoused his heinous pro-Kremlin and West hating views, Augstein’s fear mongering culminates with a prospect that NATO could inadvertently force innocent Russia to defend itself with tactical nuclear weapons against NATO troops coming to the defense of worthless Ukrainian and Estonian men, women and children.
Augstein now has proven not only that his inclusion as one of the Top Ten Anti-Semitic/Anti-Israel slurs spewing people by the Simon Wiesenthal center was well deserved, but also that he is willing to betray the people of Eastern Europe to oppression, murder, slaughter, deportation and all else Putin has in store for conquered nations. What else can be said about such a despicable, idiotic person as Augstein… nothing but the hope that his writings may soon come to an definite end.
Thomas Theiner is a writer and production manager. He has previously lived in Kyiv for 5 years and worked at a subsidiary of Ukraine’s biggest film company.