Contact: Alya Shandra, firstname.lastname@example.org, +380937536869
WHO: Euromaidanpr, DigitalMaidan, Russia Hands off Ukraine, Euromaidans and Ukrainian communities in Vilnius, Warsaw, Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Brussels, The Hague, Kyiv (list here).
WHAT: Place funeral wreaths to honor Ukrainian heroes killed by Putin at Russian Embassies and consulates around the world. Follow our action on Twitter #StopPutinNow
WHEN: Saturday June 21, 11:00 AM GMT+3 and 11:00AM GMT-6
WHERE: Russian Embassy, Kyiv; Permanent Mission of Russian Federation to the UN, NYC, Russian Embassies worldwide.
WHY: Russia is effectively waging war in Ukraine, Putin must be stopped now!
Over the last three months, Russia has actively engineered and fueled a bloody confrontation in eastern and southern regions of Ukraine. On June 14, a plane was downed by Kremlin-backed militants in the Eastern Ukrainian city of Luhansk,killing 49 servicemen and crew. On June 13, three Russian tanks had crossed the Ukrainian border. Despite overwhelming evidence of Russia’s involvement in the violence, with many ‘foreign fighters’ being Russian nationals and terrorists themselves openly acknowledgingRussian‘support’, the international community has been hesitant to both state about Russia’s involvement and respond accordingly. The EU has threatened far-reaching consequences, but has come up with next to none, and has even invited Russia to join talks on the EU-Ukraine trade agreement.
How many more deaths will be needed to acknowledge that Russia has started war in Ukraine and Putin must be stopped now?
Please bring wreaths to your local Russian Embassy to honor the fallen heroes of Ukraine. Join us in calling on the international community to acknowledge Moscow’s direct responsibility for the bloodshed and on western governments to take real measures, including hard-hitting sanctions, to stop Russia’s aggression!
Please contact your MP and write to EU President Herman Van Rompuy.
We demand to:
- Urge NATO to buy the two Mistral warships which France is insisting on selling to Russia;
- Demand third-level sanctions now;
- Supply lifesaving equipment including medical equipment and body armor to the Ukrainian Army;
- Stop all cooperation and business that assists Russia’s military and police modernization, armament and expansion;
- End the visa regime with Ukraine as soon as possible;
- Investigate the predatory behavior of Gazprom, most of which violates EU anti-monopoly legislation and WTO rules;
- Apply strict money-laundering controls for all money coming out of Russia and Belarus;
- Revoke the visas of the leading anti-Western and anti-Ukrainian propagandists of Russia’s regime.